Thursday, January 2, 2014

VANILLA fudge. Trust me, it's GOOD.

Hi baking babes! Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! As you can probably imagine, I have a few posts from over the holidays that I would love to share with you guys! Here is the first. This vanilla fudge was actually a happy accident. The recipe I found on Pinterest is from TasteofHome.com, but it’s actually for lemon fudge. You guessed it – I thought I had lemon extract on hand but did not. I substituted equal parts of vanilla extract and the result was amazing! It's a lot lighter than chocolate fudge - it's almost airy and light. I made this recipe the night before our annual Christmas cocktail party and it was a big hit. I wanted to change it up this year and make something other than cupcakes or cookies. It’s easy, trust me! I would love to try it with lemon extract to see what the original tastes like haha. My husband had the great idea of adding these pretty chocolate sprinkles to the platter to give it some color!



1-1/2 teaspoons plus 6 tablespoons butter, divided
2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) vanilla or white chips
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup marshmallow creme
1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract

Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
In a large saucepan, melt remaining butter over low heat. Add chips and milk; cook and stir for 10-12 minutes or until chips are melted.
Stir in marshmallow creme and extract; cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Chill until set.
Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 pounds

All in all, I would definitely make it again. It's funny, it looks a little like cheese, so I would tell your friends and family that it is fudge before they bite into it and are very confused. Hope you guys enjoyed! More posts to come shortly =)

No comments:

Post a Comment