Thursday, January 2, 2014

Reese's Peanut Butter Bark

Hi, me again! I told you guys I would share my recipes =) I also found this recipe on Pinterest, it’s from Hershey’s. I am so sad that I didn’t take a close up photo of the finished product, because this came out so pretty!! I made this for our Christmas cocktail party as well – if you look at this photo of our pretty table, you can see the bark on the top tier of the serving platter! It was the perfect combo of salty and sweet, I really wish I made a double batch because there were NO leftovers.



2 packages (4 oz. each) HERSHEY'S semi-sweet chocolate Baking Bar, broken into pieces
1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S peanut butter Chips
1 Tbsp shortening
1/2 cup roasted peanuts or toasted almonds, coarsely chopped

1. Cover cookie sheet or tray with wax paper.

2. Place chocolate in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred.

3. Immediately place peanut butter chips and shortening in second microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred; stir in peanuts.

4. Alternately spoon above mixtures onto prepared tray; swirl with knife for marbled effect. Gently tap tray on countertop to even out thickness of mixture. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in cool, dry place. About 1 pound candy.

* To toast almonds: Heat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds in thin layer in shallow baking pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown; cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment