Monday, March 9, 2015

Tiffany Blue Mini Cupcakes




Hi dolls!

I made these adorable mini cupcakes for a family party this weekend. I really wanted to achieve a Tiffany Blue icing color, and was really happy with the results. I did a bit of research online, and found that many people had trouble creating this color. I am a big fan of lighter icing colors vs. super bold colors. I think if the icing color is too dark, it looks fake. Just my opinion! Anyway, I bring this up because I didn’t want to ruin my whole icing batch by trying to mix together different food coloring and getting too dark of a color. Here is what I used:


I made my usual Vanilla Buttercream icing:
• 3 cups of confectioner's sugar
• 3/4 stick of butter
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 3 tablespoons of milk

*This time, I doubled the above recipe just to make sure I had enough icing to play with! As I’ve said before, this simple icing recipe is GREAT for piping. I would highly suggest letting the icing sit in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes before using it. You want it to harden up a little bit so the spiral holds its shape.

These are the colors I used to get the Tiffany Blue color:
• 1 part green food coloring
• 4 parts blue food coloring

And lastly, this is the vanilla mini cupcake recipe I always use. Everyone at the party loved them! They are amazing party food – you can just pop one in your mouth and not even use a plate! I sprinkled on some shiny heart sprinkles that I bought from Michael's. Recipe makes about 24 mini cupcakes. Recipe adapted from epicurious.com

You'll Need:
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/3 cup whole milk
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
• 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1 large egg
• Mini muffin pan
• Mini cupcake wrappers
How To Make Mini Cupcakes:

Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups with liners.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Stir together milk and vanilla in a small bowl.

Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add egg and beat until just combined. Reduce speed to low, then add flour and milk mixtures alternately in batches, beginning and ending with flour and mixing until just combined.

Divide batter among muffin cups, filling them two-thirds full, and bake until tops are pale golden and a wooden pick or skewer inserted in centers comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Invert cupcakes onto a rack and cool completely.

Thanks for reading! In addition to the Tiffany Blue, I also made a light pink icing by using 1 drop of red food coloring. Here they are together!



4 comments:


  1. Thank you for sharing all these amazing and truly delicious recipes! We’d be happy to build a partnership with such a dedicated food blogger and get you promoted at our official FB with over 22K followers. Please visit our website to learn more about the opportunities you may get with us: http://talktochef.com/howitworks/affiliates . Feel free to contact me at kamila@talktochef.com for any additional information.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Lika! thanks for the interest. I will absolutely look into this and let you know if I have questions. thanks!

      Delete
  2. Hello!
    Congratulations!
    Welcome your blog is to accept, in the "International Directory Blogspot"
    Division United States of America # 838
    Have a great day
    Sincerely
    Chris

    On the right (you will see in green) whole Country list!
    By clicking on it you will have the blog list of this country! And so the ability to communicate and interact with them.
    Language problem? Use the Google translator!
    The activity is only friendly.

    I give you badges for your blog http addresses are those where you will find the badge image
    http://nsm08.casimages.com/img/2015/01/14//15011404263218874512874874.gif
    http://nsm08.casimages.com/img/2015/01/14//15011404263118874512874872.gif
    http://nsm08.casimages.com/img/2015/01/14//15011404243018874512874858.gif
    http://nsm08.casimages.com/img/2015/01/14//15011404263118874512874873.gif
    Investment badge on your blog entitles the status of "VIP"

    Our site does not ask for money! The activity is only friendly
    Please: Made know the "directory" after your United States of America friends and invite your friends
    "Unity makes strength"
    For other bloggers come and register
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/
    Imperative to follow our blog to validate your registration.Thank you for your understanding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have added my blog to your directory. thank you!!

      Delete