Saturday, May 9, 2015

Snickers Popcorn


Hi friends! I made this pretty cool treat for our company's bake sale - Snickers popcorn! Our annual bake sale is usually overrun with tons of cupcakes, so I wanted to try something different this year. It was a huge hit! All of my bags sold out! I tried to dress up the brown bags a bit - I got the hearts from Michael's craft store, and the popcorn tags I printed out from Pinterest. Now to the most important part - the popcorn!



This is what my kitchen counter looked like ha! Here is how to make your own, it's pretty simple:

Serves 10 people
2 bags of popcorn (I used bagged popcorn that had a small amount of salt and butter)
2 cups of chocolate chips or candy melts
10 fun sized Snickers bars
Parchment paper
Large bowl
Rubber spatula

  • Make popcorn using your favorite method - microwave or stove top. 
  • While popcorn is poppin, cut your snickers bars into small pieces. You want them to be small enough to melt easily. 
  • Empty popcorn into a large mixing bowl. I split mine up in two bowls to make it a little more manageable. 
  • Melt the chocolate chips or candy melts in the microwave until it's nice and smooth. We found that the more melted it is, the easier it is to work with. 
  • Pour melted chocolate and dump snickers pieces into the popcorn bowl and use a spatula to combine. Mix until well coated. 
  • Spread your mixture onto parchment paper to dry. Try to separate the bigger pieces that are clumped together with your spatula or a knife. 
  • Let dry for about 45 minutes to an hour on parchment paper.
  • If you are eating them the same day, shove them in your mouth. If you are making them ahead of time for a party or something, refrigerate them. 
Thanks for reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment