Sunday, February 3, 2013

Mom's Bran Muffin Recipe - the BEST muffins in the world!

 
Who doesn't love muffins, seriously?! As I kid, I was a terribly picky eater. My mom made these bran muffins for me and I would take one to school for lunch. They are so good, and easy to make! The great part about them, is they freeze very well. I made 2 dozens muffins, put them in mini ziplocks, and put them in the freezer. Whenever you get the urge, microwave one for 15-20 seconds and they are good to go! I love putting butter on mine, but they are great plain too.
 
 
Here is the recipe my mom uses written by her:
 




Here they are! The above recipe makes 12 muffins. I am so happy that they came out great, my fiancé even loves them which makes me smile!

I wanted to put my own little twist on the original recipe, so I substituted the bran flakes for Cinnamon Toast Crunch instead. They came out awesome, see below!


 I used the same amount of the Cinnamon Toast Crunch that I did of the bran flakes (2 3/4 cups). They come out a little browner on top than the bran muffins, but are just as awesome! I don't really love raisins or nuts, but if you do you can substitute the bran flakes for a different type of cereal mix. Experiment! Have fun!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment